lyef & thymes

Monday, November 22, 2004

Roll on, Silver moon

This weekend SSU hosted it's second "SSU Celebrates the Arts" weekend performance art showcase. I was the Master of Ceremonies, as well as the closing act. I sang three songs about various stages of love. Infatuation style idealizing was in there, heart breaking "where did it all go wrong" type stuff, and a surprising amount of "I'll stay by you/when times get rough I will fight for you" music. I know that I have been turning corners in the area of love/trust. I have struggled with trusting God, and in turn loving God fully. I have been surprised by my own attitudes as of late, in that I have been more in love with God than I can ever remember, despite not having any sort of mind blowing experience of His goodness, or some unique kind of blessing. He has just been the focus of my love in a way that He never was before. I am starting to realize what a "captured heart" feels like. He has captured my attention through ordinary life. I never saw that coming. But think about it. Say, like, a young teen-aged boy is in the hall at school, no passion, no love for anything. Then the cute girl walks by, says hello, even sits down for a minute, then walks off to class. Suddenly BAM the boy has passion, desire, something to seek. How much more if the God who is love walks by.

5 Comments:

At 3:30 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

WHOooo! First comment!

Ya dude, your right on with that post. and i to feel very much the same. God has really got me and I just kinda realized it one day. I'm reading John Eldridge's new book called "Epic" and it is flippin amazing. He paints the most beatiful picture of creation and God and what God has done for us and is still doing. I reccomend it for you to read soon cause it's very much along the lines of what you were saying. later dude...

Much love brother...

 
At 12:37 p.m., Blogger beth said...

I totally dig that, Jake. Love suprises me when He walks by. Something gets stirred- something you just can't work up or force, you know? Deep calls to deep...

beth.

 
At 10:20 p.m., Blogger Andrew G said...

BEAUTIFUL

 
At 10:20 p.m., Blogger Andrew G said...

BEAUTIFUL

 
At 8:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it's cool too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home