lyef & thymes

Friday, September 17, 2004

Ah-hah, it's a new day

It is groundhog's day, and the groundhog lifts his weary head from his hole, and sees a shadow. It is the shadow of my right front tire, which means winter will be six more weeks, but not for him.-Red Green

I awoke this morning from a deep sleep of my own, and encountered a shadow. It was the shadow of a week gone zooming by. How can it possibly be friday again? In Toronto they are gearing up for another night of Worship and Holy Spirit fun. In St. Stephen we are gearing down for a relaxing canoe trip, in freezing cold water. Life is a bizarre and wonderful thing. I sit in my place in the Universe, zooming through space at unfelt speeds of thousands of miles an hour. Nothing is static, everything is moving, whether we notice it or not. We circle the globe, which circles the sun, which is screaming through the milky way, which is rotating on an undiscovered axis. The whole of creation is still going out like the tide, waves rolling away from the first "let there be..." and yet we find rest.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 p.m., Blogger Christa said...

Jacob!! Awesome Blogging!! Dude I miss you!! You rock!!My blog is on Linda's links as sizzlin huffman if you ever get extremely bored and wanna check it out!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home