lyef & thymes

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Jolly ole Blightly

I have made it safely to England...eventually.

Flying with Thomas Cook and a travel agent called "Canadian Affairs" I found myself delayed in Halifax for tuesday night. I had arrived with plenty of time according to my itinerary, only to be told that my plane had LEFT ALREADY. It seems "Canadian Affair" sent me bad information, and then couldn't do anything about getting me to Manchester without flying me to Toronto (the wrong direction) the next day. Instead of arriving on Wednesday morning as scheduled, after a 5.5 hour flight, I arrived Thursday morning, 28 hours late, after 9.5 hours flying. SUCKY!!!!

All the same, I did eventually arrive safe, albeit not so sound, and met up with Mark. Played a gig that very night, and it went pretty well. Got big cheers, lots of "sociables" and was given two free pints of lager. A pretty successful night. Mark's band was good. Much much better than I expected. They are usually quite silly, but now they seem to take being silly very seriously. It works.

Friday I slept until 1:30 p.m.. Only after a travel experience like I had can you say 13 hours of sleep is just right. And now it is saturday and we are heading to Worksop and eventually Wales for a football match. This is quite obviously an update post, and something deeper with substance will come soon, when I am bored probably.
Ciao.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 p.m., Blogger Michael said...

DUDE - I think I am within my rights to FULLY commiserate here and I also can say, without blinking an eye that CANADIAN AFFAIR TOTALLY SUCK *#@&.

When Lisa and myself flew out to England we got to the Airport to be told that our plane had just left, 2 hours ahead of schedule.
We got on a plane 6 hours later which went to Manchester via Glasgow and then had to get another plane to Heathrow... putting us a full 8 hours behind (we missed out on a tour of Arundel Castle because of this).

Then to top it off our return flight was leaving about 5 hours early and AGAIN nobody told us. However, this time I did think to confrim the flight and was told by a snotty woman that I didn't need to confirm my flight information (clearly I did!).

Didn't I tell you this story???... opps! :S

 
At 10:37 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

Note to self, don't fly with Canadian Affair. You know, with a name like that I would be very leary on flying with them in the first place. Its sounds more like a Soap Opera than a Airline. Have a blast in England Jake, and have a pint for me to ok...

 
At 11:11 a.m., Blogger Andrew G said...

i miss England...

have a ton of fun buddy

 
At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Jake-M said...

thanks guys, I am having a blast. To be fair, the airline made up for all the mistakes with out any lip. They were sympathetic and co-operative. I will push the issue a bit, and probably get a free flight out of it in the end.

Steve, Andrew, hop in a car and come on out to St. Stephen one of these days.

Michael, am I gonna see you and Lisa in Sept.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home