lyef & thymes

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Satisfied (So Sweet)

"I've made mistakes today,
But I appear to be smiling wide.
No worries about tomorrow,
'Cause I'm satisfied."

These are lyrics from my friend Ry's song "So Sweet". I was speaking to a dear friend and was explaining a bizarre (but welcome) sensation of peace and satisfaction as I was driving down the highway. I was certain that it was in conjunction with a song I was listening to, but I couldn't remember which one it was.
Well, there it is. Turns out he wrote it about a girl. Maybe I will try my hand at that.

I have been experiencing a lot of stress lately, and I haven't dealt with it as well as I could have, but somewhere in all of the craziness of moving, packing, saying goodbye, there is peace. I have no worries about tomorrow, because I am satisfied today.

Six more sleeps until Ottawa, seven more until Toronto.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 p.m., Blogger beth said...

Wow, I forgot that when you get here I can borrow CDs! Or hear them...somehow...if I run behind your car when you're playing it loudly on that HILARIOUS boombox!
And seeing as your music selection is flippin great...this is good news. Not THE good news...
that news is better.
ANYWAY, peace/ rest/ favor/ joy/ pleasant suprises/ and angels in your travels... B:)

 
At 12:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, "Sleeps" is also a term used by the youngins in our family to denote how many days it is until a certain event.

Cool stuff.

 
At 12:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake-oh Murph:

tell the folks in Ottawa that you know at least one Sens faithful living so close to Toronto. Might make being a Leafs fan in that city go a bit smoother...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home