lyef & thymes

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Kingfishers that DON"T catch fire.

Gerrard Manly Hopkins wrote a lovely poem called "As Kingfishers catch fire, dragon flies draw flame" in reference to the beautiful sights he saw on an evening, at sunset beside a pond.

Well, my sister and her man, Blayne have had a baby boy, as I reported earlier. His name has finally been decided, and it is Kingston Nathanial Fisher, or King Fisher for short.

Apparently Blayne has been dreaming that one up for decades.

I love my little nephew, he rocks. Today I am helping him move to Kincardine, Ont. where is is more likely that he would catch cold, than catch fire. I am told that it is a wonderfully snowy place. I suppose I shall see for myself soon enough.

Mucho Love-O,

3 Comments:

At 4:08 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

What a great name! I especially love the middle name, cause its the same as MINE. haHA

 
At 5:55 p.m., Blogger Andrew G said...

i think that's one of the best names i've ever heard...

Kingston ... that's the name of a nephew of the great Jacob Murphy

 
At 9:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jacob,
I found your blog a couple of weeks ago when I googled David Wilcox's metaphorical reasons. I was glad to find another Wilcox fan. :)
Em.
prn2wndr.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home