lyef & thymes

Monday, April 02, 2007

I have seen the spring


I was walking down the street the other day when I was taken aback by an exciting sight. It was a red-breasted robin, and it is the harbinger of spring. The weather has warmed, and the snow is melted and gone, but weather can be treacherous. For example, there is a snow fall likely to come this weekend during the freshwind conference. But the presence of the robin says "don't be fooled by a random snow storm. Spring is truly here, and this flitty brown thing with the spot of red is your sure sign."


I like the spring. Bit muddy, but it kicks winter's ass for certain.

7 Comments:

At 12:52 p.m., Blogger Jen said...

"a snow fall"?!! try - it snowed the entire time!! haha.

it was great to see you jake. I have a question for ya - is there any place I can get my hands on a copy of "holy, holy God?" my youth group loved that song, and I'd love to do it here.

hope toronto has warmed up!

 
At 6:14 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

haha, filty brown thing with a spot of red, haha. yesss, i like spring to. But summer is ever better!

 
At 7:48 p.m., Blogger beth said...

bring on the sunshine anytime of year! lets go rolerblading!!!!

 
At 9:11 p.m., Blogger snoopy said...

i know this REALLY GOOD

ROBIN SONG

(and no its not rawking robin)

its a diff one

but i forgot/get how it goes..

 
At 11:34 a.m., Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

Affinity.

I saw a robin about a month ago, stopped in my tracks, and started talking to it in a high-pitched, reserved-for-babies-and-other-things-I-really-love, until I realized that I might've looked a little odd.

But I didn't care. I love robins.

 
At 4:37 p.m., Blogger snoopy said...

i was driving today

and the robin wouldnt get off the road!

 
At 10:19 p.m., Blogger snoopy said...

dooD

u should like update or sumthinG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home