lyef & thymes

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

How to relate this to math...

i think I said I would blog about math, but this post seems unrelated...hmmmm...of course there is always a way to make it relate. One plus one equals two, that's math, isn't it?

See, this weekend I have played host to my girlfriend from Texas. It has been one of the most amazing weekends of my lifetime thus far, and later today she will be going back home. Seems like one plus one equals two, but two minus one equals only a half.

I know that I will speak to her this evening, on the phone. I know that I will see her in a few weeks in Texas. But it still hurts to say goodbye. Any advice on how to deal would be cool.

Till next time.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 p.m., Blogger Jon L said...

Stay strong... I have found in my vast year of experience that sugar and or weight lifting is a good way take you mind off things. Sugar makes you fat and lifting makes you strong so I would go with the weight lifting.

 
At 12:20 a.m., Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

I love this: "Seems like one plus one equals two, but two minus one equals only a half."

My futon is sadly bare.

I don't envy your situation, Baloo. But I assure you that Someone knows what He's doing and this is all part of the plan. Would fairy tales be as exciting if not for tension?

 
At 9:05 a.m., Blogger rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

Hey Jake.
Well firstly, i'm so excited to hear you have found the one your heart connects with, how cool is that!!!
You know memories stored are a good way to help people whilst they are apart. Some people search the whole of the world to meet the one, their heart fits into, but here you are, you've found it. Not only do you have memories of your current time spent together, you have the telephone, the internet, snail mail to keep you connected, plus you have the imagination of a Romantic, so you'll be able to create lots of ways of passing the time before you are reunited with the girl who knits together with your heart.
Och that was extremely soppy eh, i can't help it im a hopeless romantic, i love seeing folk connect.
Enjoy it Jake, enjoy the romance of being apart because then the togetherness will be all the sweeter....
:O) n

 
At 12:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I agree-thatt 1+1=2 but
2-1+1/2 thing is a great thought, however numerically wrong it may be.

It just goes to show that, at least for people who have an depth in them whatsoever, numbers don't matter.

Matthew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home