lyef & thymes

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Jonny Appleseed...Amen

This is my first post ever from a Macintosh computer. Ry will be pleased if he ever reads this post.

I have been volunteering my time at a church in Toronto, and in order to maximize my efficiency, they have loaned me this fancy ibook computer. So far I have enjoyed it well enough, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. None of the "amazing streamlined features" have had much of an impact on my computing thus far.

Then again, I use my computer primarily as a word processor, and there haven't been a great deal of technological advancements made necessary in the field of word processing since the dawn of the computer age.

Anyhoo, just thought I would let folks know that I am alive and still blogging. This weekend I will try to come up with something of import to say on my blog, but for now the most exciting thing is the medium, not the message.

9 Comments:

At 9:52 p.m., Blogger Jon L said...

You the man Jake. Mac's are just cooler. While they may not seem like a better computer for word processing, just wait until you want to record a song, or edit a video or do both at the same time!!! It is freaking sweet!!!

 
At 11:35 p.m., Blogger Michael said...

Yeah - but Apple really needs to get with it on the one-button track pad thing... obstinant bastards!

Thank God for SideTrack - that's all I can say!

 
At 5:57 a.m., Blogger rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

Hey You have computor knowledge, whereas i lack it very much so. Jake my bog standard pc (dell one), keeps telling me that the system memory is running low, how do i check where the memory system is and does that mean its a poorly computor or can i uninstall something and will that make it well again?? any help gratefully recieved:O)n

 
At 2:26 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

a medium what?? message? huh!!

 
At 12:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marshall? wha? McLuhan?? wha? wha?

ahem

 
At 2:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The medium IS the message you fools.

 
At 2:33 p.m., Blogger Jake-M said...

Here's the thing about coolness in regards to Computers:

Even if Macs were equal to PCs in actually computery things (they aren't, as apparently Macs are far superior) Apple computers would still be way way cooler because they LOOK so much better.

PC laptops are so cold, and PC desktops are...well don't even get me started on Desktops.

But iBooks are so sleek and warm. So even if PC's were as good at computing, they would still lose coolness points in the style factor.

 
At 6:54 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

so you claim...

 
At 6:56 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said...

jake, we should watch the East Coast Music awards, cause the TP boys are hostin it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home