lyef & thymes

Thursday, June 05, 2008

TEXA(N)S IS HOT.

I have been in Texas for the last week, and now sit in the cafe at IHOP in Kansas City. It's been 6 weeks since life has seemed normal. First it was emptying the apartment, then Carolyn heading home first, then wedding, chicago, Texas, now KC, and the future is still formless and void.

Adventure...right, the Indiana Jones version of adventure always ends with the Indy smiling. Most recently, with a girl in his arms. Have you noticed how the best adventure stories are wrought from danger and mishap? True there is always a sense of mission, of aim, direction, promise, and my life has those is spades right now, but my goodness, when I said "Lord make my life an adventure", I think I forgot how tense it can be sometimes.

Carolyn and I are doing great, having so much fun, and getting a great deal of sun along the way, but I find that the one thing I crave most at this point is normalcy. Our own bed, for example.

Nothing deep here, just an update.

Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home